2004 GTX supercharged for sale. Any tips?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

money runs

I am looking at 04 GTX Supercharged with 90 hours on it. The ski has never been in salt water. Wondering if the bright minds on here could give me somethings I can check to make sure the ski is okay. I know around 04 is when a lot of trouble went on with superchargers. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ethan

I am looking at 04 GTX Supercharged with 90 hours on it. The ski has never been in salt water. Wondering if the bright minds on here could give me somethings I can check to make sure the ski is okay. I know around 04 is when a lot of trouble went on with superchargers. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ethan

see if the supercharger was rebuilt.. if it wasnt then youll have to take it out and rebuilt it with metal washers prior to full time use.

pull dipstick and check the oil to make sure it isnt a milky color/consistency.

shine a light into the pump to check the impeller doesnt have any serious dings or chips..

NEVER buy a ski without taking it for a test run on water. check to make sure the rpms are where it should be.. around 8k or so...

whats the asking price?

Ditto on the supercharger being the main concern. Take 30 seconds, remove the intake elbow and see if the charger wheel spins freely by hand. If it takes some energy to rotate, it is still in tact likely. I would check compression on all cylinders and I would also check the trailer well.

see if the supercharger was rebuilt.. if it wasnt then youll have to take it out and rebuilt it with metal washers prior to full time use.

pull dipstick and check the oil to make sure it isnt a milky color/consistency.

shine a light into the pump to check the impeller doesnt have any serious dings or chips..

NEVER buy a ski without taking it for a test run on water. check to make sure the rpms are where it should be.. around 8k or so...

whats the asking price?

Ya the super charger is my main worry. Thanks for your tips and he is asking 4,800 right now. I just stopped and checked it out today. Going to call and meeting up this weekend. I can probably talk the guy down to 3500 to 4000. Thats a pretty fair price if the super charger is in good condition right?

Ya the super charger is my main worry. Thanks for your tips and he is asking 4,800 right now. I just stopped and checked it out today. Going to call and meeting up this weekend. I can probably talk the guy down to 3500 to 4000. Thats a pretty fair price if the super charger is in good condition right?

IMHO.. 4800 is a lot for the ski if the SC wasnt done.. 4000 is (i think) on the thin line of too much and fair if the SC needs a rebuild (closer to the fair side though).. but do keep in mind you have to toss another 500 bucks on top of that to rebuild the supercharger..

i could see the ski bringing 4500-5000 depending on condition and if the supercharger was recently rebuilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly agree with all of the above and want to reiterate that you MUST take it for a test ride.

This will tell you most everything you need to know. Part of the reason to ride the ski is,,,, if the owner does not want to do so, RUN AWAY.

There is ALWAYS a reason when they are not willing to let you ride the ski.

It can start fantastic in the driveway but run like crap in the water. Once there is a load on the impeller from the water you can tell how the ski runs. No load,,,, no real information other than it starts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back