2004 GTI RFI Runs Great Until I Stop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabep

Hi I just bought my first SeaDoo and it’s a GTI RFI. It has a brand new engine rebuilt and has good compression in both cylinders, it’s getting the right amount of fuel, and has good spark. The thing runs great when I get it out on the water and going but for some reason it fouls plugs every single time I take it out. It’s to the point where I can take it out and it’ll ride great but if I stop at anytime I can even get it started again without changing the plugs on the water. Does anyone know why this would be happening? A buddy of mine seems to think it’s a sensor because everything mechanical is good. I even had a mechanic look at it but he didn’t have the diagnostic software to check sensors. I need help!

Send your injectors out for cleaning. Replace the fuel filters in the module. Test the fuel pressure which should be about 58psi. Go through the process in the manual and take ohm readings on the sensors VIA the plugs up front, no need to disassemble anything. They will have the proper readings in the manual.

For me just guessing is your injectors need cleaning and the fuel is not being atomized properly for burning. Sometimes injectors "leak." I use fuelinjectorman.com in Florida. Turn around time was pretty quick a couple weeks ago. I sent him 6 and it was about 6 days when I get everything back so I was surprised.

Or... you could have crap compression which you said was good so that should not be an issue. Good Luck

I did already have the injectors cleaned and I have about 57 psi fuel pressure out of the water which I know it could change in the water. I did retest compression which is still good. Do the fuel filters make a huge difference?! I was gonna chnage them but it’s kind of a pain in the ass. I’ll test the sensors then get back to you. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back