2004 4 tec oil leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am still on the struggle bus with my seadoo gtx wake. I haven't even started on the other 2 skis yet!

I had the oil changed because I didn't have the pump to get the oil out.

Took it to the lake and it RAN but wouldn't throttle up. I think that is a fuel delivery problem.

I need help with the oil leak. ALL of the oil came out! (the back of the engine I think.)

The guy at the shop put the air hose in the dip stick tube and heard air coming out the back of the engine.

? 1 Is there a seal or bearing at the rear of the engine?
? 2 Would it go bad if the engine mounts were all broken?
? 3 How hard is it to repair and what is it called?

I can't find anything on youtube that shows the repair.

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the magneto cover on the rear of the engine. Another place I have seen leaks is the oil cooler, either the lines going to it or the O rings between the block and cooler.

engine moving around? Was the engine not secure on the mounting brackets? so many places air could come out of the back of the engine.

It has 3 motor mounts and all 3 were broken. The engine had to have been moving some. I still haven’t had time work on it again because of all the OT. I’m a FF/Medic also. My only days off have been weekend and we take the pontoon out as much as possible.

if the engine was not aligned and the motor moving it is possible that where the shaft goes into the motor has caused problems with the block where the crankshaft is and leaking oil from there. In that case a rebuild would be in order. The 4tec engine is easy to rebuild. if the bearing around the crankshaft are worn it may have caused damage to the case you will need a new or used block. You will probably have to pull the engine to fix the issue. I just rebuilt an 05 RXP that had thrown a rod through the block. Put about 2grand in it with all OEM parts. I am fortunate enough and have been with the Fire Department long enough I am a Paramedic District Chief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back