2003 sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie 2106

I have a sportster when I purchased it would run great on trailer put in water would idle when you took off would die like you pulled the key I have rebuilt top end carbs new reeds new fuel and oil lines new coils still the same thing what now?

Check that cheesy fuel assist pump and inline filter; just because it’s cycling doesn’t mean it’s cycling hard enough; how about the lift pump? Bench test the assist pump, should just about vibrate off the table...doesn’t take much for these to go squirrel-e, I always keep spare on hand for 15 bux from ebay;(changed 2 last season)if not this, possible stator issue...

This would be a 951, is it carbureted? If yes, your barbs are plugged with debris and/or you have an inward air leak in your fuel system, causing fuel starvation and the lean hesitation you're experiencing. If it falls flat on it face and quits like it ran out of fuel, that's b/c it did just that.

You want to see no hesitation, else it's too lean and will roast a piston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back