2003 speedster 240 hp merc shift cable ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

snoozeyalooze

Hi all! It appears that they have changed the shift cable design and I'm not sure if I still need the rubber cover that goes over the cable at the back of the jet pump? Mine has cracks in it which allowed water into the cable. When I purchased the new one they originally told me that the rubber cover came with it but it did not! I just got off the phone with a parts guy at a Seadoo dealer and he joked and said this boat should be called a Merc and not a Seadoo because most of the parts are Merc parts and they don't seem to willing to find parts for them even though they will service them if you bring them in. Any knowledge appreciated on installing the shift cable and info on what other parts might be needed to do so. Thanks, Dave

I'm surprised the bellows did not come with the cable, but it is available separate from Mercury. The dealer was right about the parts. Anything drive or engine related order from Mercury. For the most part Sea-Doo dealers are clueless about the Mercs.

Part number for the bellows should be 877581A5, but confirm with your Mercury dealer.

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back