Shift Cable/Reverse Gate Adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ronbrinkerhoff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Recently had shift cable (F/N/R) break and replaced cable. Took it out for a test run yesterday and found when running in forward the shifter was bouncing from what i would assume is the reverse gate dragging in the output of the jet drive. Does anyone know the proper adjustment for this or is there a written procedure in the manual somewhere? Also I no longer have any throttle when in reverse. The throttle lever is locked like like it is in neutral. is this how it is supposed to be? Was not prior to replacing shift cable but wasn't sure if the failing cable had something to do with that?

Recently had shift cable (F/N/R) break and replaced cable. Took it out for a test run yesterday and found when running in forward the shifter was bouncing from what i would assume is the reverse gate dragging in the output of the jet drive. Does anyone know the proper adjustment for this or is there a written procedure in the manual somewhere? Also I no longer have any throttle when in reverse. The throttle lever is locked like like it is in neutral. is this how it is supposed to be? Was not prior to replacing shift cable but wasn't sure if the failing cable had something to do with that?
Throttle lockout in reverse shows that your shift lever is not moving far enough aft. It is stopping by the reverse gate. As you adjust for this, the gate will move above the jet stream.
There is procedure for this in the service book. Avail for d/l here cheap.

Throttle lockout in reverse shows that your shift lever is not moving far enough aft. It is stopping by the reverse gate. As you adjust for this, the gate will move above the jet stream.
There is procedure for this in the service book. Avail for d/l here cheap.
where do i find the service book?

Back