2003 Seadoo Sportster Tower Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTrevino

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a 2003 Sportster. I am wondering how to I remove the wake tower? Attached is a photo of the lock mechanism. There is what seems to be a button (oval Shape) but is seized. 20201012_090213.jpg

I wouldn't think it would be as easy as pushing a button to release the tower but could be wrong. Did you try the set screw just below the weld?

Hey rldavis. I've tried to remove that screw but it is also stuck. I almost stripped it. I would like to get confirmation from someone that knows what that screw actually does before trying to remove it the hard way. The reason I am trying to remove the tower is to check the inside of this lock since the aluminum ball moves back and forth making the tower shake bad. I have the issue on all four locks. If I cannot remove them I might need to insert some sort of wedge to avoid the shaking. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Hey rldavis. I've tried to remove that screw but it is also stuck. I almost stripped it. I would like to get confirmation from someone that knows what that screw actually does before trying to remove it the hard way. The reason I am trying to remove the tower is to check the inside of this lock since the aluminum ball moves back and forth making the tower shake bad. I have the issue on all four locks. If I cannot remove them I might need to insert some sort of wedge to avoid the shaking. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
No worries just trying to help.. If the ball your referring to is aluminum that may be the problem, it should be s/s I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back