2003 gtx di

Thanks Marky_Marc for some local contacts I’ll try them in the future. unfortunately in little S.A no one really wants to look at my ski because it’s 2 stroke. So I’m happy throwing a spanner around trying myself

Alright replace oil injection cable wife went out still same problem. I got home from work flushed out ski smoking a plenty. Removed exhaust for easier access found salt corrosion onflange but only bottom half. Copper ring in there but also red silicone on flange. Black silicone on manifold and more corrosion. See photos.
Is there parts in my oil pump that maybe need rebuilding causing to much oil?? Any help appreciate

Attachments

mikidymac

There is nothing to rebuild on the oil pump. Are you sure you have it adjusted correctly? The two marks should line up at idle.

For the pipe there should be no silicone on the pipe to manifold connection, just the gasket.

The mid-pipe connection should have Permatex Ultra Copper silicone on both sides of the copper ring. Clean the corrosion up with a brass wire brush. Connect the pipe exactly by the manual and torque per the manual with the correct sealants and thread lock. Get the entire pipe together and hand tight before you start torquing anything.

Your oil injection lines are original so replace them NOW! while the pipe is out of the way. I can also see the oil in them is green which IS NOT the correct API-TC full synthetic oil that you have to be using in this ski.

There should not be a gasket on the pipe to manifold. It should be the updated o-ring type. The gasket was used on earlier years until they found it did not seal well. There should also be a diaper around the flange surface in case you have a leak, the water wont get into the intake.

I would also check you counter balance oil level, and or flush it. It is EASIER to get at it NOW!!!

I feel like that fuel pump you had to begin with was the stock pump. Other than the numbers it looks exactly the same. The numbers may be lot numbers or batch numbers from manufacturing process. The part number is assigned to the whole assembly not just the electric pump. Here is what my pump looks like. It's exactly the same IMG_2309.JPG IMG_2314.JPG