2003 GTX 155 speed/ revs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

andrewv

I have a 2003 GTX 155 that I use for spearfishing. It seems a bit flat when it comes to speed. I have had a couple of 2004 155s and they were good for 54/55 mph ( Yes imports). This particular one pulls about 7200 on the tach with an indicated top speed of 44/45 mph. Impeller and wear ring are fresh. Does this sound OK. Is it possible that because it is a early 4 tec it still has a 2 stroke impeller or is it a couple of hundred revs short in revs. It does get run flat out occasionally in comps when trying to get ahead of the boats and another 5 or 6 mph would be handy. Any ideas ?

I did have some oil pressure sender problems a while ago. Any chance its logged a code and found a new rev limit. 7200 instead of a normal higher limit. What do they normally rev to ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mate.Gold Coast here,Put this thread on the pwc 4 stroke section and more guys will see it.revs seem good.Does it jump outta the hole?
If a previous owner put a wrong impellar on or
The seal around the shaft is leaking and letting air into the pump area causing some cavitation.
Post it up and see what answers you get.Hope all goes well

Back