2002 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scary

Im going to buy this boat today its a 2002 speedster with a blown merc crusier motor does anyone know what this motor is. And how much for a new motor?

to late I bought it lol didnt even get 96 challenger done yet still need to pick up gas gauge got it past the 10 hr break in finly leaning out a bit runs great now.

Still not sure what motor i need for this 2002 speedster its a v6 merc, block has a hole in it heads looked fine i think anyway. Anyone know what motor this is? Better yet where i can buy a block.

Think i got a deal was 1500 needs alil sticker work and gelcoat repair but really in decent shape looked to me all nice any shiny was around 8000. Guy also said it would do 60mph is that right?

Thanks God Bless
Scary

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to go to a Merc dealer as seadoo won't do much in the way of repairs. It's a whole new animal. I don't think SBT even has a re-manufacture either. There is a manual on our forum if your interested.

Karl

yah im going to join in a few days. Im spending more than i want I think im going crazy just seen a nice boat for 1500 with a bad motor its a boat buying sickness . I havent found who or where sells a block, but did see some power heads and dint care for the price of them dohhh.

I figured as many merc's on the water they would be cheaper I hope i didnt do a boo boo.:ack:

anyone want to buy a 2002 speedster :boxing_smiley:

I found a couple Regal Rush and Sea Ryder jet boats for sale...but the Merc engines and parts are expensive, if you can find them. I could get the boats for less than $1000.00 with a good trailer...I passed. That's just my own opnion... and experience.

Karl

Well its A SEADOO lol i thought all was good in da hood as long as it was a seadoo. Yah i seen a bunch of the regals etc but mines a SEADOO dangit.

All crap here comes the depresion boooooooo :redface: I may just go Throw up now :rant:

There are a lot of seadoo's out there with the M2 engines. I am a Rotax kinda guy. Do a search on your Merc M2 engine here on the forum and see what you get. Which engine is in it anyway...? No matter what you get, if it's a seadoo you know were here for you. There aren't too many things we can't help repair.

Karl

Hybrid.........!

Man, wish I could have caught you before you got it!.....

Seadoo's venture with the Mercury engine was the second time Mercury tested the waters with a jet boat. Seadoo ran this engine from about 2000 to 2004 or 05 in their sport boats because of performance and horsepower.
When the Rotax 255 hp 4-TEC engines arrived on the market, there was no longer a reason to keep the under powered Mercury in their boats. Not only was the 4-TEC equipped with more power, it was lighter!

Your Speedster has the 240 EFI Mercury engine. It was one of the most powerful when it came out. The other motors Seadoo used were the 200 and 210 hp, one carbed and one injected.

Your best bet for finding parts or an engine for this boat is through Mercury or Crowley Marine. Before heading off to your local Mercury shop, I'd researc Crowley Marine. Your going to find that this is one expensive engine. I don't think you can use a different engine either, due to the electronics package. You can either order parts and do the rebuild yourself through this link http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury_parts/5128.cfm or you can also order a new powerhead. They have a toll free number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back