2002 Seadoo gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this. Did you pull the glove box to get to the pump?
Think you found your problem. Yes clean the tank as best as you can.

Yea had to pull the glove box. Took a lot of wiggling and bending the big black tube to get it out but finally got it. Ordered fuel strainers and inline fuel pump. Just need to tackle the cleaning with the 50/50. Curious if I just soak everything or scrub and is there anything I need to not get cleaner on?

I would just soak it overnight then blow it out with air just to get the varnish out.
It is a little dangerous to hook the pump up to a battery and run it while in a bucket of gas and toluene.

When disassembling the pump it is important to make sure the metal and fiber washer at the bottom of the pump go back in the same order when accessing the small internal filter.
There will be three tabs that hold everything together. Push each tab in to release the assembly and it will come apart. Be careful as it it spring loaded and make sure it all goes back the same way it came apart.

Doesn’t high flow have a lifetime warranty? You think they will honor it even though I’m not the original purchaser. It doesn’t look very new.

With the deteriorated filter on the outside of the pump along with the inside filter having a bad seal you might have some luck just cleaning the after market pump up and using it.
If that doesn’t work call High Flow and see if they will warranty it. Worst they can say is no.
If it were me, I would search eBay for a good used pump, do the cleaning and filter replacement.

Here is another question
In the pic of the black rubber thing looks like it’s cracked, but it doesn’t go through.
Does it belong with the pump? If I wanted to replace it would that require a new pump?6EA60FF3-68B2-41F7-B14F-4889E7F50F0A.jpeg

Yes they will not sell just black grommet.
Yes soak the pump motor, although it might not be that old and may not have varnish build up inside.
All other parts just clean with a solvent. You want the gas mixture because just solvent would be hard on internal seals. The gas with solvent softens the blow.

So I did some searching on eBay and the grommet can be purchased with an aftermarket pump assembly only.
I was also thinking that Nick at Westsidepowersports.com might have one you could purchase. He is a member here and has a Facebook page. Might give him a try. Without that piece you will never get good fuel flow.

https://www.westsidepowersports.com/

It’s like a one way valve (check valve) prevents fuel from draining back into the tank so the fuel pump doesn’t have to pressurize the system every time.

Good luck

Update: I didn’t know excactly what all I was suposto soak in the 50/50 mix so I soaked the pump with sliding seal attached. I left it soaking overnight but didn’t remember till Next day while at work. removed it from soak that afternoon. Sliding seal rubber didn’t hold up to well and so had to improvise with marine grade fuel line tapered down so it would fit inside the aluminum part. Got pump back together with new fuel strainers installed just need to rivet bottom and install external inline fuel filter (might hold out on the fuel filter because ski does have brand new high pressure fuel lines.) Got all the gas out of the fuel tank, but it’s hard to see inside, not sure if there is any foreign material left cause it’s hard to see, (suggestions?)

Previous owner sent me a copy of the receipts for the fuel pump kit from high flow, purchased back in 2012 (didn’t ask how many hours the ski had on it when the pump was first rebuilt but it was rebuilt back in 2012 and as of today [2019] the ski has a little over 150 hours on it.)

When I talked to highflow they confirmed they would honor warranty if/when pump does fail. (Going to try it now that it’s clean then proceed from there.)

Still haven’t found any shops nearby that are willing to test fuel pressure so guess once everything is all back inside I’ll insert key and see if I get the two audible “ok” beeps then see if it starts. If it passes that I’ll look into finding a place further away that will test fuel pressure. (Wouldn’t mind building my own tester, clueless if it needs to be a certain type of gauge, can I use one intended for air pressure cause not a lot of fuel ones I’ve seen go up to 107 psi.) any suggestions?

For the love of god I just want to be out on the lake already lol. But I do worry since it’s an older model with its issues if I made a bad purchase with me being a female that will be out riding mostly solo, what if I get stranded out there. Then I wonder if I should have just bit the bullet and bought a new ski maybe I’d be a little safer idk

I can't imagine it would. No reason you couldn't cobble your own together with any 1/4" NPT pressure gauge (take your pick at McMaster or Amazon for ~$10-15) along with a couple hose barbs/adapters. Only tricky part is finding the male/female fuel connectors.

Sure, you could use just the gauge from that compression tester, if you don't already have one then now you have two tools! But if you already have a compression tester I wouldn't blow $30 just to get the $10 gauge off it.

Something like this would be fine:

PIC Gauge S201L-254G 2.5" Dial, 0/200 psi Range, 1/4" Male NPT Connection Size, Bottom Mount Single Scale Glycerine Filled Pressure Gauge with a Stainless Steel Case, Brass Internals, Stainless Steel Bezel, and Polycarbonate Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBQ48L0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uCPzDb87614AV

I can't answer many of your questions, but I just wanted to thank you for posting so much info about your rebuild. I am about to start my own and I'm sure it will all come in handy. Good luck with the repair!

Your welcome! I also want to thank eveyone on these forums especially all the knowledgeable people on here taking the time to share their experience and answering all sorts of questions. Your generosity, patience and great ideas really help people accomplish so much. Thanks again.

Figured I’d chime in here too, as I own a 2002 gtx DI and recently replaced the fuel pump as well. I went by the suggestions on this forum and purchased an entire used pump. ran great immediately after but now it just seems sluggish. No torque coming out of turns etc. and only tops out at about 45-47mph? Pretty certain this is unrelated to fuel pump as if that wasn’t working properly it would just stall (as it did previously) the rpms seem to top out at 7500. Not trying to hijack this thread since u may be dealing w similar issue as well once fuel pump is squared away, so anyone have thoughts on what I’m dealing with? I haven’t checked the fuel Presure so that’s proly good start. Assuming I buy/make this gauge, are there any instructions out there on how/where to hook it up? ie: what hose to hook up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back