2002 Seadoo gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I’d chime in here too, as I own a 2002 gtx DI and recently replaced the fuel pump as well. I went by the suggestions on this forum and purchased an entire used pump. ran great immediately after but now it just seems sluggish. No torque coming out of turns etc. and only tops out at about 45-47mph? Pretty certain this is unrelated to fuel pump as if that wasn’t working properly it would just stall (as it did previously) the rpms seem to top out at 7500. Not trying to hijack this thread since u may be dealing w similar issue as well once fuel pump is squared away, so anyone have thoughts on what I’m dealing with? I haven’t checked the fuel Presure so that’s proly good start. Assuming I buy/make this gauge, are there any instructions out there on how/where to hook it up? ie: what hose to hook up to?

Three things come to mind:
1. Compression test. Should be 140psi. 110psi and it is ready for a rebuild.
2. Clean the rave valves.
3. Water control valve leaking will rob you of raps and horsepower.

Your welcome! I also want to thank eveyone on these forums especially all the knowledgeable people on here taking the time to share their experience and answering all sorts of questions. Your generosity, patience and great ideas really help people accomplish so much. Thanks again.

Well? Does it run? You just going to leave us hanging?

Well not yet I took it back apart because I wasn’t happy with the sliding seal mod so thinking about coming up with something different.
Also trying to make the fuel pressure tester from link posted in this thread. But it doesn’t sound like it will be similar setup as the one in the shop manual. Is there an explanation why the one in the shop manual has what looks like a clear hose coming out just below the gauge and looking at photos of the ones people have made here don’t have that hose. A01CD8A7-607B-4480-9F39-203984D605FE.jpeg2C3A7065-6D1D-4BEB-AB0C-96EA2E8946B6.png36D769EC-F237-4BFA-9A4B-A32E7D07F82A.png

Figured I’d chime in here too, as I own a 2002 gtx DI and recently replaced the fuel pump as well. I went by the suggestions on this forum and purchased an entire used pump. ran great immediately after but now it just seems sluggish. No torque coming out of turns etc. and only tops out at about 45-47mph? Pretty certain this is unrelated to fuel pump as if that wasn’t working properly it would just stall (as it did previously) the rpms seem to top out at 7500. Not trying to hijack this thread since u may be dealing w similar issue as well once fuel pump is squared away, so anyone have thoughts on what I’m dealing with? I haven’t checked the fuel Presure so that’s proly good start. Assuming I buy/make this gauge, are there any instructions out there on how/where to hook it up? ie: what hose to hook up to?

Post #43 in this thread is a link someone else’s thread about building your own tester

I hope the DI group will remain active on the Forum over the off-season as I have 4 DI's I'll be restoring. No doubt I'm gonna have an adventurous winter but down here in the south I was testing skis in early February wearing bathing suit only and a tee shirt. I'd likely have tested skis in December but none were ready. LOL Good luck in all you adventures. As I mentioned I'll be putting a rebuilt engine in a 2003 GTX DI pretty soon.

It's a DI nightmare, whether to buy a used OEM pump, not know how long it will last. Or,,, buy an after market that will not put out the required pressure, and draw too much current to operate, and give you a 12volt low maintenance light.

Found a hose that fit better for the sliding seal and cut a shallow groove on the outside of hose so It’s held in place by the lip atop of the aluminum. I feel confident it will do the job.
Still waiting on a new aftermarket pump to be delivered.
My previous post haven’t found answer to that yet.

That is the exact filter that I use on all my DI skis. I change them every other year along with the internal filters every other year. I am of the belief that frequent changing of the filters extends the life of the pumps indefinitely.

Now that you have this filter installed, you can check fuel pressure when the need arises.
Simply remove the filter and install the tee part of your gauge setup check pressure then simply put the filter back on.

532506AA-DA90-482D-981F-CC6698F2F6CA.jpeg
Took the cap off the new pump to find this. Old one doesn’t have that, do I just ignore that and put together like normal.

Can you release the fuel pressure in the lines similar to how I’ve heard it’s done in cars by unplugging power to fuel pump then cranking engine a few times?

Ok so I did the fuel pump and pressure tested good. Put it on the water and it wouldn’t go over 3k rpms took it out of the water installed brand new spark plugs and water tested it again with no improvement. It sounds great on the trailer though.

Reactions: Xpy
What is the fuel pressure while the ski is in the water?
Are you 100% sure compression is good?

What is the fuel pressure while the ski is in the water?
Are you 100% sure compression is good?
Have not checked fuel pressure while it was in the water only on the trailer.
Parker Yamaha said compression was good. Guess I should try to figure out how to do compression test myself.

Had the ski scanned and there was a long list of codes thrown but they were all inactive.

Removed aftermarket fuel filter and tried running without it but didn’t seem to improve.

The ski runs fine on the trailer can rev up rpms but once it’s under load in the water rpms don’t rev up above 3k

Should I try cleaning the rave valves?

Rave valves don’t kick in until 4,500 so that’s not your issue.

Also running on the trailer means nothing other than it runs. Under a load is what tells the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back