Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1996 XP
1996 HX
1991 Superjet
2001 Superjet
Sorry you had such bad luck with this one. The carbed ones are much easier to diagnose and work on. I stay away from the DI ones myself.

jhjesse

Water Crafts
2000 GTXDI 2002 RXDI
2009 RXTIS
Two 2001 GTXDI's
Good luck. DI skis are not that bad. You just had the odds stacked against you because someone before you.
OEM pump and your problems would be solved.
I have been on this forum for a long time and I cannot tell you how many times I read about people have ongoing trouble with carb skis as well as DI skis.

mikidymac

Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1996 XP
1996 HX
1991 Superjet
2001 Superjet
Good luck. DI skis are not that bad. You just had the odds stacked against you because someone before you.
OEM pump and your problems would be solved.
I have been on this forum for a long time and I cannot tell you how many times I read about people have ongoing trouble with carb skis as well as DI skis.
I agree with jhjesse and he is one of our most valuable resources for DI skis here, I can't remember him ever being stumped by one of the DI skis. And he always says OEM pump and is always proven correct.
The DI skis are great when they are running correct and it's typically a few common things.

Don't get me wrong, the carbed skis have their issues also but I have been working on them for over 25 years so I know them pretty well but have never had the chance to dive into a DI ski so I stick with what I know.

If you bought an OEM pump there is a very, very, very likely chance your issues would be solved.

jhjesse

Water Crafts
2000 GTXDI 2002 RXDI
2009 RXTIS
Two 2001 GTXDI's
I agree with jhjesse and he is one of our most valuable resources for DI skis here, I can't remember him ever being stumped by one of the DI skis. And he always says OEM pump and is always proven correct.
The DI skis are great when they are running correct and it's typically a few common things.

Don't get me wrong, the carbed skis have their issues also but I have been working on them for over 25 years so I know them pretty well but have never had the chance to dive into a DI ski so I stick with what I know.

If you bought an OEM pump there is a very, very, very likely chance your issues would be solved.
Thanks Mikidymac. That is probably the best thing anyone ever said to me in the 10-12 years I have been on this forum.

SPONSORED LINKS

Latest posts

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member