2002 GTX 4-TEC Limited Starter Relay Solenoid

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

who_me!

Hey guys! Can anyone give me some instructions how to test this starter relay solenoid? Trying to help a friend out on his 02 GTX 4-Tec. For some reasons it won’t start or make click sound when press start. Brand new battery, all fuses are good, it does make 2 beeps sound when key attached, no codes but it does show SENSOR on dash! I think the solenoid is bad but want to test it out before purchase the replacement! The pictures below are exact same one on the ski! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F472CBA5-5584-4C93-804B-9D6096106033.png
    F472CBA5-5584-4C93-804B-9D6096106033.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 873CE17B-57E3-400B-B910-0553FFBBD8B4.png
    873CE17B-57E3-400B-B910-0553FFBBD8B4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
put 12v to the pos and neg terminals of the relay, it will then click and the large red wires will have continuity.

sensor reading on dash is usually the depth finder when out of water

put 12v to the pos and neg terminals of the relay, it will then click and the large red wires will have continuity.

sensor reading on dash is usually the depth finder when out of water

The terminals are not visible on the relay! Like I said, the relay is on the ski at the moment. Are there other ways to jump it while it's on the ski? Thanks!

The 02 relay is the only year they used that sealed assembly so not easy to test in or out of ski compared to all others. Just trace back the signal wires and put 12v to them. If you hear it click and get continuity across the large red wires between battery and starter, it's good. If not, it's bad. Very simple to do in the ski. Also simple to update to the separate solenoid and pair of 30A fuses so you don't have to use that sealed assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back