2002 1800 Jet housing Mercury m2 210hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottsmach03

2002 1800 Jet housing problem

I pulled my boat out of the water yesterday and proceeded to do my routine check over on the boat. I knelt down and shined a light into my jet housing to check for weeds, or anything the jet might have sucked up. I notice a piece of metal about 6" long and 1/2 thick wedged between the prop. Im not for sure how long this has been in there, nor have I noticed any hinder in performance. I've had the boat for a month, and im pretty sure the guy that had it before me wasn't aware of it either. It looks to me that it has been in there for awhile. I want to remove this piece of metal. Im guessing that it moves in rythem with the prop since it wedge and doesn't bounce around. I tried knocking it loose with a 3/4x3' round rod and I moved it a little. Looks like I need to take the outside housing off and reach in there and pull it out.

I've worked on cars for a long time, and eye balling the housing it doesn't look too complicated. Is there any secrets I need to know about before attempting this?

I dont know how this piece of metal got wedged in there; it is too big to be sucked in from underneath the boat. Im thinken someone didn't like the previous owner and someone tossed it in through the outside jet.

The boat has the mercury m2 210hp

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I think you could take the jet pump apart and get the metal out without too much trouble. Just remember how it came apart. Take pictures if you want so you remember how it went. Keep us posted, and if you get in a jam give us a shout.

Karl

I removed the housing and was able to remove the piece of metal that was lodge. Some oil was leaked out while removing the house; im assuming this is jet pump oil. What part# of oil should i use to replace it with.

There is two allen head set screws located toward the end of the housing. This is where the oil goes. One screw looks like a drain plug, and the other looks like a refill plug. This is the location of the oil I need to refill.

Correct...

That's correct.* I'm not sure about the type in the Mercury though.* You may go to your local Mercury Marine shop to find out.* I'd put a bet on it, that it's just a regular, synthetic blend of a 75-90wt gear oil.Good luck..........:cheers:

When I pulled the outside housing apart I didn't see a gasket; so I didn't add any RTV or anything when I put it back together.

Oil...

Fill with a High Performance Gear oil to the edge of the threads of the plug. The oil capacity should be 19 fluid oz.....dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back