2001 utopia 185 - wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdpx7

hey guys, I am having trouble starting my 2001 sea doo utopia, I am getting fuel and have good spark. the motor was just rebuilt/ new pistons, rings, reeds. the motor cranks and it seems like it is trying to start but wont go.
just looking for any suggestions on what could be going on?

Go over that motor a few times. There might be ONE wire that got unplugged making not fire. I'm only piping up because mine would not start after dropping the motor back in after a pump rebuild. And it was ONE wire unplugged that was driving me nuts for hours. It was one next to the big round 5(6?) pin plug.

If you are fresh rebuilt, we can assume good mechanically, but do a compression test anyway. Should be about 130 psi.

You said you have spark. Is it good on all 6?

OK, that leaves fuel. Have you checked plugs? Is each cylinder getting fuel? Too much? None at all?

My 240 efi had leaking injectors causing flooding. Three injectors were not firing at all. I am waiting on my injectors to get back from repair right now.

There is a 4-pin round connector for the injectors down low on front of engine. Check it .

Thanks for the responses, It ended up being the spark plug wires were mixed up.

one more question for you.

When running water through this through the flush hose i can pull the water hoses off the top of the cylinder and do not have anything coming out. it seems all of the water from the hose just goes right out the jet drive intake underneath the boat. is this normal? is there any other steps you need to take before running the engine on a garden hose?

Stop! You can burn a piston with no water coming out of the pee hole.

#1) Where I live we have a big problem of bugs building nests into any hole they can find. Make sure your hose from cyl. head to pee hole is not plugged by leaves, mud, bug parts.

#2) You don't have enough water pressure or your hose is too small or too long.

#3) Most of the water does go out the pickup holes in the jet housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back