2001 Sea Doo GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tony5150

Hello. my son was riding our 2001 gti when it just stopped running. He tried to re-start it but it would only turn over and has not fired up since. If we use starter fluid in the carb it will try to start but only for a quick moment. I am wondering if it is an electrical issue but do not know where to start the investigation process. Ruled out the basics :
has fuel​
battery is good​
new plugs with verified spark​
compression is good​
all fuses that I can see are good​
fuel is getting to the carb​
initial "beeps" when inserting key fob are normal​
have tried fuel directly in pistons​
engine is less than 2 yrs on total rebuild​
I just can not figure out the issue here, it was running fine then just turned off, so I don't think it is a engine issue. One thought was the timing, but can that happen all a sudden? Everything sounds normal when trying to start.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Not that I know how to measure it or do the work but I am currently following another thread with near identical machine and symptoms and it was the rotary valve.

If it has spark, compression and is getting fuel for a no start condition that would probably be a good place to look

Thank you for your reply. That did come up in conversation but I didn't check it, I was thinking if it was running fine how did that all a sudden change on it's own. Looks like the weekend project will be that. Thanks again

Back