2001 Sportster Total Trailer Length

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKeuro

Hello all, just joined up to this forum and am hoping that someone may be able to help me.

I am looking to possibly pick up a 2001 Sportster but am trying to determine if the trailer will fit in my garage. Would anyone who has that boat or a similar model (older sportsters would be fine) be able to measure the total length from the back of the boat to the front of the tongue of the trailer?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Kris

my garage is 23'.... and I have a work bench in front of it... and still have some room..... so..... I'm guessing it's 19'.

Well I only have about 17' to work with since my garage sucks. Was hoping with a 15' boat that the trailer tongue would not be longer than 2 feet. Guess I just need to go look at one and take measurements and see if I could add a swing-away tongue.

Thanks

Thats going to be tough in a 17 ft garage. Even with a fold away i dunno if it will work. Is it a 2 car garage? Mine is too long to fit in the garage straight in, so i put it in and turn it diagonally and it fits. Sucks It takes the whole garage, but it keeps me from having to pay storage somewhere.

Most of the time... the trailer tongue will be 3.5' or longer. That's to keep you from crunching the boat into the back of the tow vehicle if you need to make a tight turn.

Thanks guys, well it looks like it will not fit in a garage unless I can fit a swing-away onto the tongue to save me some space. But it sounds like I might need to put that privacy fence around the yard so I can store it back there and keep the HOA happy.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Hey AKeuro! May I ask you what you're having to give for that 2001 Sportster? I am going to sell mine. It's in excellent condition and runs just as great. I was just curious if $6,000 was too much for an asking price.

The one I was looking at on Craigslist was $4500, but I have not been out to see it in person. So not sure what condition it is in, since it is hard to tell for sure from the small pics on the ad. From what I have been seeing during my shopping $6000 for one in excellent condition seems about right.

Good luck with your sale!

OfficerSeaDoo, tried to send you a PM but not sure if it went or not. Since you own the type of boat that I am looking at was wondering if the boat is handy could you measure it on the trailer for me? I am hoping to get an exact measurement from the rearmost point of the boat to the very front of the trailer tongue. I am afraid I will not like the answer, but it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back