2001 Sportster LE Repair Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmistic

I bought this boat used and now the Bilge, Blower, Radio and lights don't work.
The boat starts up without any problems and the water empties from the boat once the engine turns on.

I opened the back of the boat and checked the cables from the battery and I don't see anything wet or damaged. I replace the fuses in the little box in the same compartment but no luck.

Any ideas!

Is there a service manual that I can buy somewhere for cheap. I'd really like to understand how the boat works and try fixing it on my own.

Hey MR. If you would like a manual you can get them here for cheap by joining as a premium member. You will get access to all manuals, expert advise, and first dibs on all post. Glad to see your willing to get in and get dirty.

In the manual is step by step instructions on everything you need to know about your boat including wiring diagrams. With an electrical problem like you have you should look at a wiring diagram to try and pinpoint the problem so you can start testing.
:cheers:

Service Manual?

thanks for the info! Is it possible to buy a paper service manual that has diagrams and pics for a newbie to motorcrafts. I like the idea of online but I'd prefer a manual I could goto all the time and not have to pay a yearly or monthly membership. Is there a lifetime membership?

You could sign up for one month and then cancel the membership...not sure about the price, it's a lot cheaper than buying a paper manual. Download and save or print the manual...this way you get one that you can reference anytime for a fraction of the price! It is exactly the same as the paper one you would buy!

Matt

Front box?......

Open the latch at the steering wheel, where the front storage compartment is. That box with the fire extingusher, pull it out. The fuse box for your accessories is under that box. Check to see that none in there are blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back