2002 Sportster LT Bilge Blower Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fierceseaman

Hello,

I purchased a 2002 Sportster LT this spring. I bought it knowing that the bilge blower was inop. I bought a replacement this weekend and am looking to install it. I’ve been told that it is an easy process, however it looks like the previous owner removed the blower completely and I now have no idea where the replacement should go. No amount of googling or reading has shed any light on my problem. So, could someone take a picture of where the blower motor is supposed to be installed? Separately, does the shop manual cover this? Appreciate any insight anyone can provide. Thanks!

I have not looked. If you think it is in there, I will happily purchase it but I was looking for some confirmation that it was in there before doing so.
Check on seadoomanuals.net they are free there and completely safe, not sure if they have it or not but worth a look

Check on seadoomanuals.net they are free there and completely safe, not sure if they have it or not but worth a look
That website did not have a manual for anything close to the model year of my boat unfortunately. The 2010 shop manual had the electric diagram of the blower but not a diagram of where it would be mounted.

The blower I believe is usually secured with couple rivets or screws,,, been a while,,,the large diameter accordion hose secures around the bottom of the blower,,,it’s not really a big deal,,, the black hose often drop off,,,

The blower I believe is usually secured with couple rivets or screws,,, been a while,,,the large diameter accordion hose secures around the bottom of the blower,,,it’s not really a big deal,,, the black hose often drop off,,,
Thanks for that information. I figured out where the blower is supposed to go but I cannot figure out how or where it would be secured. Right now there is a large styrofoam box with sound dampener that surrounds the area that the blower is in.

The accordion hose had been removed so I need to get that.

So, how the heck is the blower supposed to attach to the boat?

Back