2001 speedster fuel sending issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Rousseau

Hi guys having an issue with my sending unit. I fuel gauge is reading empty. So I pulled my ksending unit was getting 0 ohms when measured. I saw some threads on a bad f1 fuse. So I removed my fuse and solder over it . I am now reading 89 ohms when empty. The problem is as I ride the new double magnet float up the tube it stays around 89 ohms until I,m about 6 inches from the bottom goes to about 70 ohms then goes to open up the rest of the tube. I can hear a click as it passes the reed switches. I rebuilt my 240 efi due to a bad oil drive gear and wishing to get this sending unit fixed so I can install my new engine. Thanks for all your expert opinions. Ed

There are a series of reed switches on the PCB, if one is stuck closed that will throw everything off. I was able to unstick a reed switch by passing a magnet near it rapidly back and forth, it never failed again.

Examine your original float magnet assembly, the replacement must be the physical equivalent to trip the reed switches in the correct sequence.

It's been several years now since I repaired my fuel baffle F1 fuse and I don't recall if my float had just one magnet or two but it makes a difference!

Thanks for the input I did realize I was pushing the magnet too fast. In the lower 6 inches of the tube that will not respond. I.ll be opening it up and seeing if my reed switches are still good. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back