2001 Seadoo Challenger Question?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stripes136

Can someone tell me what this is and where I can find a diagram for it. There is a hose behind it that looks like it is leaking oil. I just had a brand new block put in it last week.

New Motor (4).JPG

Mechanic said the black hose in the following picture has a cracked brass fitting and that he tried to use silicone to hold it. It may just be me, but I don't think that is a good enough solution being it still leaks.

New Motor (10).JPG

Any suggestions and is it hard to take off the silver box (forgive me for not know the name) in the picture above? He is trying to charge me $400 and I am assume the fitting can't be more than $15

Thank you!

First... please post your questions in the Merc section. (not the 2-stroke section)

OK... the first pic is your vapor separator.

The second pic is hard to tell, since I don't know where on the engine i'm looking at. BUT... it looks like one of your bleed system hoses. If it's leaking... it's not good. That means there is also an air leak into the engine. That small brass fitting is part of "The block"... so if you just had a new engine installed, I would be pissed. If that fitting was bad, it should have been replaced while the mechanic was working on it.

But, like I said... I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, so I'm making an assumption.

Regards to both questions... any leak isn't good... and when it's oil... it's worse. AND... it sounds like your mechanic did a half-a$$'ed job of the install.

Thank you Dr. Honda!

How does the brass fitting attached to the block? Is it threaded?

Here is the position on the engine with arrows to the hose and fitting.
Boat bleed line (4).JPG Boat bleed line (3).JPG

The red arrow here point to the hose and the brass fitting which has silicone sprayed around it.
Boat bleed line (2).JPG Boat bleed line (1).JPG

I am so upset with this guy being I that I have paid him almost $7k. I really appreciate your help and suggestions!

$7k.... wow... that's rough. That means he charged between $3k to $3500 for the install. Did he rebuild the pump or anything??

Anyway... that's a bleed system fitting. that particular one is also a check valve. I've never tried to replace one... but I'm almost positive that they just press in. Also... a quick check... and that fitting is only $8. So... there is no reason the mechanic shouldn't have replaced it while the engine was out. Not to mention... he's probably the one who damaged it.

Dr Honda - do you know where I can find that specific part or the item number? I guess I can at least try and save "some" money. And you think it just presses in the block?

Thanks for your knowledge and expertise - it is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back