2001 gtx di keeps stalling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanaboy808

hello all,
this is my frist thread this forum rocks!.having a problem with my ski rebuilt the reeds ran it and a cooling hose came loose over heated,took it to a local sea doo shop they looked over it said that compresion is good fuel pump is good,quote(everything is working good no codes or problems) yea whatever cost me 400$ for that.every time i ride it runs great hits 50-60 after about 2 min.it dies and has trubble starting then it starts runs good then dies plugs look ok,drained gas,new plugs still same problem so bumed just want to get it running good so i can store it for next year!! please help aney input would be cool!!!!!!!!!! ALOHA

please help

:confused::(hi everyone,still trying to figure this out my friend came over and looked at my ski he said it sounds like my main bearing is broken or going out would that make my ski keep stalling?.it only has 36 hours?is that normal?.so weard becouse it runs good then it stalls

Main bearing?

I don't think your main bearing would shut it down. It may make one heck of a racket while riding it, until it seizes up, but I don't think it will shut you down. Besides, this would really have been identified by your mechanic, just because a main bearing is that obvious.
As for what the problem may be, I'm having a hard time getting my manual to open, so I can't be a lot of help in trouble shooting right now. As soon as I can, I'll look for you. It does appear that you may have an injection problem. You said the mechanic said that everything checks out? I wonder what all he actually checked, because something is wrong.
We know you have good compression and supposedly, your fuel system is o.k., but this is what I'm focused on. Only because it runs good for a bit before it stalls, then you said it's hard starting after. That could be because your fuel system has a problem.
The hose popping off and your engine overheating shouldn't be a big concern. Only because the ecu and mpem, which controls the electronics, would do a complete shut down of your motor if a sensor goes out of range.
This could be a minor problem. I'll get back to you if I can gain access to my manuals again.
BTW, you could do a little trouble shooting yourself if you decide to become a premium member. All the manuals are there for your use. Just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info!!

thanks man good info this is my frist jet ski and i live in a new town so dont know were to take it.so going to ride it and see what happens,not shure how to check the fuel sys. at the dock? aney info,ideas?. thanks

Ride!

You said you were going to take it out and ride......let me know how it runs. Try and observe any and all information you can. If you get any beeps, count them then write back. Feel free to PM (personal email) me, which is in the top right corner of your screen or update this thread so I'll remember to check up on your problem.

This is an idea to do dock side. When it stalls, twist open the fuel tank cap and try to restart it. This will tell ya if the fuel vent is pluged.The engine might cause to vacum in the fuel tank and stall. This happened to me couple times with bad inline vent valve and blocked vent line. The service shop wouldn't detect that unless he rode it at high speed and used some fuel from the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back