2001 DI air compressor rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the ski and I get the same thing. Key on and holding 27 psi no problem for about 3 hours. Started the ski goes up to 107 psi and just drops in a matter of seconds and stalls out. I almost feel like its not the pump but maybe a regulator??

Its been a while here, but I decided to change the filters since they were totally brown and all crusted up. Ski started up just fine pressure held around 107psi for a bit and then it started to drop again. Almost like the check valve in the pump is no good. IDK!!! Guess I'm gonna have to change the pump now.

Its been a while here, but I decided to change the filters since they were totally brown and all crusted up. Ski started up just fine pressure held around 107psi for a bit and then it started to drop again. Almost like the check valve in the pump is no good. IDK!!! Guess I'm gonna have to change the pump now. I also wanted to add, when the ski was running the pressure was jumping all over the place at idle but when I applied the throttle the pressure stuck around 107psi. I’m assuming that’s ok.

There are actually 2 filters on the pump, one at the bottom on the canister, a more rectangular shape, Airtex FS242 and another very similar to that one located directly on the other side of this filter, a square shape, Airtex FS220. As far as the wire mesh, I did see one inside of the pump but not sure it’s removable.

I believe the purpose of the check valve is to keep fuel in the line when the engine is off so when you start the engine again there is no waiting for fuel to enter the lines. This would not reduce pressure during pump operation. So I am wondering if the loss of fuel pressure is a pump issue or something else like a fuel regulator. Anyone???

I am no expert and just took my fuel pump apart last night for the first time, but I believe the pressure needs to hold firm even while the motor is running. Did you circulate a 50/50 gas/toluene mix through the pump? Thats my next step as I work on my GTX DI.

I am no expert and just took my fuel pump apart last night for the first time, but I believe the pressure needs to hold firm even while the motor is running. Did you circulate a 50/50 gas/toluene mix through the pump? Thats my next step as I work on my GTX DI.

Yes just be careful.

I installed the new aftermarket pump, HFP 500DI. Ski starts right up and runs great at 107psi. Although, the pump does not hold 27 psi when the key is connected, Im assuming because this pump doesn't have the internal check valve like the hem pump. I haven't ran the ski in the water just yet, maybe tomorrow. Will keep posted.

Long waited update. Pump was no good, meaning if you don’t have an own pump then don’t bother with anything else. Oem pump is in and runs great. Although, when I was flushing the ski, I heard a pop and the engine shut down. The air compressor rod bolt snapped. I did the right thing and bought a rebuild engine. Only one question. I have to rebuild the air compressor because the guy didn’t have my block there to do it himself, the sleeve that the bolt goes through is threaded but the bolt is smaller than the opening in the sleeve. Is this correct?? Wouldn’t that make the bolt I’ve play between itself and the sleeve?? Sleeve into connecting rod, bolt through sleeve and screwed into counter balance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back