2000 XP no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update. I was getting intermittent spark regularly, as in it would spark every time I would hit the start button but only once in a while, not when it should have been. I then checked the mag cup (the piece that bolts to the flywheel with the magnets on it) It was not aligned as specified in the manual. I changed it put it all back together but no spark. I will next check and make sure the flywheel key is aligned

Attachments

• FA26D74D-D1C1-4909-8585-619C4292C794.jpeg
    FA26D74D-D1C1-4909-8585-619C4292C794.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 15
Unless the key is sheared, it's not your key, now is a good time to measure the resistance measurements of the trigger/ pickup, if it's off, it will affect your spark. Also check that the pickup is not cracked. Also, check that the front plug connector does not have corroded pins...female and male,,,remove the orange cover of the male plug to look for internal corrosion there.

BackTo post number 16. Yes a test light will flicker on the white wire to the coil, if pick up and mag cup and Mpem and DESS And 10 other things are OK.

They flywheel and mag cup would not cause a no spark or intermittent spark condition. All it would cause is a spark at the wrong time.

When I was getting a intermittent spark I was able to hear the mpem beep a majority of the time but it no longer beeps. It had gone out for a period of time but then came back and now it is out again. I know it is recognizing the key as It turns over when I hit the start button. I assume it is a bad beeper but it seems strange that it was working all of a sudden and I was getting intermittent spark. Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back