2000 Speedster with Mercruiser Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSW

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the mercruiser v6 that was fitted into the 2000 speedster millenium?
Alternatively does anybody have a working one that they could post photos of the area around the starter motor and solenoid?

Cheers
Dave

Here is a quick rundown of the wires and were they go on the starter solenoid.

Five wires on the solenoid.

One heavy red that goes to the positive terminal on the battery (live all the time)

One smaller red that is the main power feed to the ignition switch (live all the time)

One heavy black that goes to ground

one heavy yellow that goes to the starter (live when starter is cranking)

One smaller yellow/red that comes from the neutral switch (live when the key is turned to crank)

Let me know if there is anything specific you need to know. We also have the full manual available for download in the premium section.

Aaron:cheers:

Hi Aaron

I seem to have a slightly different setup. Mine has:
- large red from isolator (and hence battery), with 3 small reds clipped on top, one of which has a black cover over the wire further down (hence my wondering whether it should be on the other side). (on large terminal on left)
- Large black going to positive of starter motor. (on large terminal on right)
- Small black going to earthing bolt (small top terminal)
- Small yellow/red from ignition. (small bottom terminal)

Would you have the manual that covers this particular one?

I used a wiring diagram for a 2000 M-2 240hp from Mercury. The colors are a bit different, but basically the same set-up. The smaller reds that are sharing the live terminal from the battery are likely accessory wires for powering the fuse box, and will show up on the hull wiring diagram rather than the engine.

What kind of problem are you trying to track down?

Aaron:cheers:

Basically not starting, but I'm thinking either solenoid or the ignition switch/wire. Problem is the wiring was completely screwed up by some farm mechanic so I'm starting to not trust anything - there's wires disconnected everywhere, and the solenoid was wired to the earth on the starter motor so a right mess.

Guess it's time to cough up for the manuals then!

Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back