2000 Seadoo rx tops out at 35mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dailymoist

I have a 2000 seadoo rx that tops out at 35 mph then shuts off but when I switch it to the reservoir it will still top of at 35 but stays on. The previous owner said he had the pistons and carbs rebuilt and I just changed the oring. The first time I tested the ski it would top off at 10mph then I replaced the oring and gas. Any ideas what it can be?

I bought a 2000 RX last year and had a similar issue in trying to get it running.

First, make sure you've changed out the grey fuel lines if you haven't already.

Second, although the previous owner said the carbs were rebuilt, they may not have used the genuine Mikuni parts. I've read the cheaper parts don't last long. Also, when I rebuilt my carbs, I didn't change the needle and seats at first, and I had the same issue you're having. Once I changed those out, I was able to reach top speed.

If possible, contact the previous owner to determine what carb parts were used, and if the needle and seats were changed too. If they didn't use genuine parts, I'd build the rebuild kit from OSD parts and complete the process yourself. There are several carb rebuild videos on youtube to guide you.

Third, check your wear ring to determine if it needs to be replaced. Also plenty of videos to help you with that process as well. You'll need to build the impeller tool, but it's pretty cheap.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back