2000 RX MILLENIUM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, damn, this method of getting the water out isn't for the faint of heart but it's effective. lol.

Currently a thunderstorm is barreling through so buttoned things up while the battery gets a topping charge (New AGM Yuasa) on the bench.

I can turn it by hand, no tight spots, so just maybe.... Will fire it off tomorrow and see, ugh them Tempo fuel lines....

One of you bilge rats should make the owner an offer he can't refuse! :)

'84 Elco, Buick power.

Yeah, damn, this method of getting the water out isn't for the faint of heart but it's effective. lol.

Currently a thunderstorm is barreling through so buttoned things up while the battery gets a topping charge (New AGM Yuasa) on the bench.

I can turn it by hand, no tight spots, so just maybe.... Will fire it off tomorrow and see, ugh them Tempo fuel lines....

One of you bilge rats should make the owner an offer he can't refuse! :)

'84 Elco, Buick power.

If I was closer he would already have cash in his hand, I don't have an RX in the collection yet.

I always liked those Elco's, still quite a few around here, my uncle has 2.

Just gotta follow rules, 1st one is called the straight-six firing order (1-5-3-6-2-4 ), where 15 is too young, 36 too old, 24 just right!

2nd rule is the Budweiser scale, rating is 1,2,3 Where 3 represents the highest ranking, it takes 3 full grown Clydesdale to pull you away.

3rd rule is it's called Jack and Coke, not Jack and Pepsi.

Besides Tom, we noticed your tendency to understate things. :)

Last edited:
My rule half my age plus 7 years
Just a little bit of water in that engine.
Sarcasm, and how did it get in? Never rolled, only ran garden hose to flush, this year did not winterize except took battery out and put on slow charge and WD 40 everything

Sarcasm, and how did it get in? Never rolled, only ran garden hose to flush, this year did not winterize except took battery out and put on slow charge and WD 40 everything
Is that h2o the end? Putting in closed garage with dehumidifier and later spraying WD 40 and other stuff to dry, etc... Would that work?

We know it was near water at some point, it's a boat. But, was it last ridden in salt or fresh water? FWIW, This water you see coming out isn't salty.

More than 1/2 your age? Well there's the problem! You need a better plan b/c she's quickly catching up to your age. True she will never be older than you but at one time she was less than 1/2 your age (You were almost 14) and now she is no longer, (1/2x+7) right? :)

Unless you meant the upper limit is 1/2 plus 7 but the sweet spot is a fixed quantity, it's independent of YOUR age, and dependent only on hers. Women know this rule, men don't seem to?

Last edited:
Is that h2o the end? Putting in closed garage with dehumidifier and later spraying WD 40 and other stuff to dry, etc... Would that work?

There's a little more water after that. There will be some until it's running, just a matter of getting enough out so it'll run then running will remove the remainder.

The water must've entered the engine after you pulled it out this spring or it was in there when you put it away last fall. This isn't condensation, it's a water flooded engine.

BTW, I've seen more boats sink while sitting on a trailer than while in water. Sometimes the weight of the sunken boat is so great, the trailer it's sitting on will collapse.

Sounds like it could have only gotten in there from flushing on the hose. Either way at this point it really doesn't matter how it got in there.

If it was me and you have already written it off I would get it running and just see how long it lasts. There is a chance it could be ok or it could throw the crank. If you wanted to do it correctly you would have to tear down the engine and probably buy a new $400 crank and a gasket kit so $500-$600 in parts plus any labor if you didn't do it yourself. If you were just to sell it for cheap you have nothing to loose running it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back