2000 RX MILLENIUM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbishop

The only shop I could find in 100 miles that works on these (2 stroke) just told me water Got in engine. Would not turn over for me even with new battery, neg would start smoki g. Mechanic said he could not hand crank it, looking inside saw h2o around pistols. It ran good last fall, had in garage where temp never fell below 45 degrees. What to do? Shop said they know someone who may buy it for parts, and are trying to sell me a new one... Any constructive advise is welcomed.

The only shop I could find in 100 miles that works on these (2 stroke) just told me water Got in engine. Would not turn over for me even with new battery, neg would start smoki g. Mechanic said he could not hand crank it, looking inside saw h2o around pistols. It ran good last fall, had in garage where temp never fell below 45 degrees. What to do? Shop said they know someone who may buy it for parts, and are trying to sell me a new one... Any constructive advise is welcomed.

It needs another engine, you're looking at $1300 for a core swap engine from SBT, then you have shipping and labor if you pay someone to do the work. Personally, if you don't roll your sleeves up and do it yourself I'd probably dump it, the shop will likely hit you well over $2000 to get it back on the water.

I'd say it's a bad sign they want you to part it out and buy a new one, tell tale sign the bill would be high if you insist on them fixing it. Of course if you decided to do it yourself there's a ton of help on here to guide you.

Thanks for the info, too bad because it is in good/ok shape for the age. There is no way I could do it myself, but know a motorcycle guy who said he might be able to do for around $2500 for everything???

Let’s not assume this shop that wanted you to sell your ski to their friends and sell you a new one was being completely honest off the bat.

What symptoms is your ski having? Can you pull the spark plugs, ground the wires and crank it over? Does it turn over? Is water squirting out? How do they know it got water in it?

How much do you have into it now? Even if you dump $2500 into it it’s probably only worth about $2500-$3000. Are you going to be keeping it for years?

They said they could not turn it over, put scope in and saw h2o near pistols. Don't know how it got there, never rolled it over. I could name shop in Mineral Va but that might not be right... I just don't understand because last fall was fine, had in heated garage.

I have spent over the years around $3000 (new starter, batteries, etc). Probably time to get new one, I bought this one new 20 years ago, will post what shops guy is willing to pay for parts... If way too low, I would rather have someone who would like a project have it.

Will do. But with scope they said they used to see water, don't know if they will be able to photo? I will post pictures of craft.

Will do. But with scope they said they used to see water, don't know if they will be able to photo? I will post pictures of craft.
I just put my phones camera ontop of the sparkplug hole, was able to take a picture.

they could also just take picture of boroscopes screen

Do you have the ski or does the shop?

Water doesn’t just get into an engine that ran great and was sitting in the garage.

If you like the ski, fix it. It's cheaper than buying a new one for certain. You'd get lots of help from people on the board if you did it yourself. In the end you'll have a great ski again. On the other hand if you've been thinking about replacing the ski.... now is the time. Good Luck !!

Yes Honda house in Richmond Va won't work on it this year (2 stroke, can't find parts, etc). After spending thousands over the years there. Only place I could find to check it out. You know anything I should know about them, 1 person said they are good/fair???

If the hullis in good shape it is worth at least $500 and a lot more if you part it out.

You need to go pick the ski up, get it home and we will help you diagnose it.

Even if you decide to walk away from it you can sell it immediately on craigslist for more than $300, that is a really low ball offer which makes me even more suspicious of them.

That;s right, I'm sure he won't get a new battery AND the ski both for $300? The RX is a heck of a ski and in really good cosmetic condition, will bring more than that without the battery, IMO.

Tell him how much you want.

I know a shop has to make money to stay alive and that is what keeps them open but just for reference, you can get a top of the line Yuasa AGM sealed maintenance free battery for your ski through Amazon for $85. I would never pay $120 for a battery.

Go get the ski. Be polite and just tell them you want to think about it or talk to your wife or something like that. That way you don't burn any bridges with them for future transactions.

Thanks it is in good shape (garage keep), I would rather sign title to guy rebuilding exact same vessel, think trailer would make it to La?

I know @etemplet would love to have it and would be willing to give you an honest amount for it.

I really think you should at least look at it with us so you can make and informed decision on it. I think you might surprise yourself on how simple it can be.

Wish you were closer. I would love to put it back together, even have a spare 951 engine laying on the ground waiting for a hull to go in. Such is life. lol!

Thanks, anyone who could use it I would rather have than $300. Will post photos when I go pick it up, if I can teach myself to do that. I don't have the tools/patience/etc to try and fix it, that sounds bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back