2000 Islandia Fuel Problem? Troubleshooting guidance (Moved from Premium Thread)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Martin

Premium Member
Premium Member
I picked up a 2000 Islandia recently with a 240 Merc EFI (2 stroke). The boat started and ran well at the owners, but after bringing it home, I would start the boat and it would immediately stall out. Being that there was little fuel left in the tank (it was practically empty), I filled the tank with fresh fuel and added stabilizer with no change.

Symptom: Boat starts after sitting for a long period of time, but immediately stalls out and will not start again (almost like it's starving of fuel).

To date, here's what I've done:

1. Replaced Fuel / Water seperator filter (has some water in it) - No change
2. Replaced the plugs sine I was in there already (Old plugs were slightly black as expected) - No Change
3. Removed the fuel hose from the lift pump and checked to see that fuel was being pumped up it was.
4. Replaced the Port Side Temp Unit (old unit jacket was worn through) - No Change.

My thoughts on next steps:

1. Remove and inspect the mechanical fuel pump (perhaps disassemble and clean - not sure where to find a gasket / diaphragm kit).
2. Inspect Vacuum line that supplies the Pulse pump / or replace
3. Remove VST drain plug and test if there's fuel being delivered - perhaps inspect VST Float and needle valve.

My question to the experts is, am I going down the right path? Is there anything else I should check as part of this process that would typically cause this issue? Your guidance is appreciated.

Best,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back