2000 Islandia, how to test fuel pressure regultor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Scooter610

My islandia has no fuel pressure at the Schrader valve. I have pressure out of the vst high pressure pump, but not past the regulator. Is there a way to test the regulator? Engine won't run and this seemed to happen all of a sudden.

It should hold 35ish psi when not running, correct?

I would remove the FPR (it unbolts) and inspect it. There is a small screen that can get clogged in it... but when that happened to me, the pressure went too high. Fuel pressure will read ~35psi when the pump primes, when running, and after shutting off engine... for a few minutes until the pressure slowly bleeds back to nothing.

I would remove the FPR (it unbolts) and inspect it. There is a small screen that can get clogged in it... but when that happened to me, the pressure went too high. Fuel pressure will read ~35psi when the pump primes, when running, and after shutting off engine... for a few minutes until the pressure slowly bleeds back to nothing.
Thank you, I did take it apart and check the screen which was clear. I'm wondering I'd hooking up a vacuum tester will do anything to control pressure while testing.

I assume it should be at 35ish when key on not running, or trying to start.

Thank you, I did take it apart and check the screen which was clear. I'm wondering I'd hooking up a vacuum tester will do anything to control pressure while testing.

I assume it should be at 35ish when key on not running, or trying to start.

Make sure you are seated when you find the price of that part.

My FPR failed the other way-- stuck closed. My pressure went to 85psi.

Are you absolutely certain you are getting pressure at the top of the vst? Open the drain screw at the side of the vst. You should get fuel flow with key ON as long as the lift pump runs. (It is on a timer in the ECM.) If you don't have flow out of the drain, you may have a stuck vst inlet needle.

Last edited:
Make sure you are seated when you find the price of that part.

My FPR failed the other way-- stuck closed. My pressure went to 85psi.

Are you absolutely certain you are getting pressure at the top of the vst? Open the drain screw at the side of the vst. You should get fuel flow with key ON as long as the lift pump runs. (It is on a timer in the ECM.) If you don't have flow out of the drain, you may have a stuck vst inlet needle.
Thanks, I am definitely getting pressure out of the pump. I hooked my gauge directly to the outlet of the vst pump and got 85 psi. 0 psi past the regulator or at the schrader valve.

I see they are pricey, $350 I did find a reference that 805227A1 mounts the same but supplies 37 psi instead of 35 so I bought one cheap for $54 to try. We shall see.

That said, I still wish I could test this one some how to make sure its bad.... or potentially rebuildable.

Thanks, I am definitely getting pressure out of the pump. I hooked my gauge directly to the outlet of the vst pump and got 85 psi. 0 psi past the regulator or at the schrader valve.

I see they are pricey, $350 I did find a reference that 805227A1 mounts the same but supplies 37 psi instead of 35 so I bought one cheap for $54 to try. We shall see.

That said, I still wish I could test this one some how to make sure its bad.... or potentially rebuildable.
Pretty sure FPR is not rebuildable. Maker made sure of that with rolled/crimped seams.

Back