2000 GTX 5545 rectifier location

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeflay

It's not on the MPEM or the rear electrical box. I can't even find this one on the parts look up pages for the 2000 GTX 5545. Does anyone know where on the ski this is located? This is the 951 carbureted version and is not charging. Any help is appreciated in advance!

This is too funny, but I can not find the thing and refuse to just start taking it apart!

Rectifier in MPEM

Thanks Timmyboy,

Yea, I had just realized that this was the case - built into MPEM. Can the MPEM's be repaired? It seems that the MPEM's are expensive. I've seen on other sites that one or two folks have had some success repairing the MPEM's. Does Bombardier refurbish the MPEM's? Seems like there should be some alternative other than just replacing a part (MPEM) that cost about half what the ski is worth!

Thinking about buying a new jet ski and this helps to narrow down the list! I got sick of that oil argument that's been going for years anyway- but I only used SeaDoo oil for that machine!

I'll get one (MPEM) priced and go from there..

Thanks again in advance for any words of wisdom!

Kindest Regards,
jeflay - Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back