2 Gtx 155, 2 problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1980

Hi everyone,

I've been reading here for a long time and now it's time to start writing.
I have 2 Seedoo Gtx 155 wake, one from 2004 and one from 2005.

The one from 2004 won't rev more then approx 6300rpm/50mph.
The pump looks nice and the wear-ring is brand new, compression is good, spark plugs new, new oil and filter.
Any ideas?

on the ski from 2005 the oil light and warning beep is constantly on.
Both sensors are new, oil pump is also replaced (according to previous owner) oil level is correct, oil and filter are also new.
Any ideas?

Best regards
Peter

The 2004. Is the oil level between the marks or above the full mark?

The 2005. Put a manual gauge where the sensor is and see what the pressure is.

On the 2004 the oil level is just in the middle.
On the 2005, can I just hook up a cheap, simple one from the autostore?

Make certain you have the correct spark plugs. The 4-tec engines MUST have great plugs and the right plugs. It really does. Ale a difference.

You could swap plugs from one engine to the other just to see if the problem Filled them or stays with the ski.

Hi everyone,

The one from 2004 won't rev more then approx 6300rpm/50mph.

Best regards
Peter

I had the same problem with one of my skis; it was an exhaust leak at the J pipe. Worked it out here in the Forum with some very helpful folks. I'll post a link to the thread if I can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for these inputs!
I may very well have a exhaust problem on the 2004 due to my previous repairs on the head.

A little update:)

On my 2005 I removed the oil pressure sensor, the one near the oilfilter, I installed a manual gauge and checked the oilpressure.
With a cold engine ideling, I got somewhere around 4,5 bar (65 psi) according to the manual, its actually to good, its supposed to be between 43-58 psi.
Why do I have to high oil pressure?
The oil level is just between high and low on the stick.
I didn't have time to run the engine until it reaches working temperature.
As I see this, it's good news for me, I was afraid that the engine had lost all pressure and needed advanced repair.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Key words you used ... COLD ENGINE ... Sweden ... really cold engine!. Remember, pressure is the resistance to flow. Cold oil will resist flowing, and that's why you have higher oil pressure. Once the engine warms up, the pressure will drop. The pressure will also vary with engine RPM.

Actually I was working inside a big heated garage (68F) so its cold, but not freezing cold.
According to the manual psi should be like this:
Cold engine idle 43-58 psi
Warm engine idle min 23 psi
4000-7500 rpm 43-58 psi

I just bought this machine and have never tried it, it was the seller how told me that there is something wrong with the motor, the oil light and warning beep comes on.

Too bad you don't have a 68 degree lake to run it on and then recheck the pressure. Looks like you don't have a problem with low oil pressure. What weight oil are you using?

Based on the year of your skis, and what I've read from others on the forum, your information centers are not married to the MPEM (or was it the ECU?), I'd do a little research and see if the information centers are married. If they aren't, swap them, and see if your erratic oil pressure warnings go away. If they do, you know where your problem is. In my case, the corrosion inside the information center caused all sorts of false warnings. I swapped it out, and all my problems disappeared.

Just checked with a friend. You can swap your information centers with no problem. That's where I would start. See if the oil pressure warning follows the information center.

Again, what oil did you put in your ski?

press set 5 times to get the active codes, press mode to scroll through them until it says END. report back.

before spending a lot of time swapping parts, a few basic tests should tell you exactly what's wrong.

If it has beeping and an oil message, it has a code. You have to check the codes while they are happening. Once you shut it off, the code may not be active and not show up. So, you may have to start it, wait for it to beep, then check the codes. All oil messages have codes.

I had the same problem. Lots of bells, beeps, and alarms, but no error codes for overheating or low oil pressure all thanks to the corrosion inside the information center.

Update no. 2
Swapped the sensors, let it idle for 5mins.
Still about 65 psi pressure.
The engine runs rough, the idle varies between 2000 and 3000 rpm.
This time no error codes.
Something strange happened do, when I removed the oil sensor in front of the engine, opto?
It was some white stuff, almost like whipped cream. There are no signs of water in the oil.

Your idle shouldn't vary at all. It is controlled by the ECU to be at 1800 rpm and there is no idle adjustment, do not try to adjust. Is it surging back and forth between 2 and 3k?

Sounds like water or condensation in oil. There are no other fluids in the oil system and whipped cream is not OEM, lol.

When testing oil pressure, there is a better spot at the rear of the head to test where they put a set screw. That way you can leave the sensors in place. Read the manual and it is explained clearly. I don't think you have an oil pressure problem which is very rare.

Hi,
Yes, the idle varying between 2 and 3k, it stays about 2 seconds at 2k, then it goes up to 3k and stays there for 1sec.
Like if where playing with the throttle.
I know that there is no possibility to adjust this, so I guess it's the throttlevalve or a air sensor.

I just can't figure out how there can be water in the oil in one end of the engine and not in the whole engine.

I'm running on that setup with both sensors in place and a manual gauge on the rear of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back