2 Gtx 155, 2 problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an idea I want to run by you guys.
Can my rough running have anything to do with to high pressure in the crankcase?
The otps can give you false alarm due to crankcase compression right?

I've got an idea I want to run by you guys.
Can my rough running have anything to do with to high pressure in the crankcase?
The otps can give you false alarm due to crankcase compression right?

Generally, you get a loss of performance but not an idle issue. That said,,, the oil must be between the lines, not above it. Nothing to lose by making sure it is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i was messing around with different setups for my 4tec boat conversion, one of my issues was insufficient crank case breathability. There is no pcv valve on these motors, there is just a big 3/4id hose that goes from the crank case breather to the intake, And tons of pressure builds up there if not proudly vented. I'm not sure if it's from the ring blow- by from the supercharged combustion pressures or what, but my engine produces tons of gas from the crankcase. I was initially not aware of this and had a fitting reducing that pcv pipe to 1/4", plumbed to the intake. The pressure built up so much, that it nearly blew out my valve cover gasket. It spewed tons of oil between it and the head, right out onto my exhaust mani, made a huge mess. I knew this was the problem for when i would remove the dip stick, i would get pressure releasing. I ended up doing my trial runs with the dip stick out until i rectified the issue with a bigger pcv hose. If you have not messed with your pcv plumbing, i can't see how it would be plugged up or causing issues. In any case, you can check for pressure building up by pulling the oil dip stick. When the pressure builds sufficiently in there, it does start to run funny, and eventually will shut the engine down. I think it may have even thrown a code, but i forget. I put a video up on YouTube which shows how much smoke comes out of the crankcase during operation. Check my thread if you want to see it.

Hi,
As you can see, I have already swapped them to two others, that I know works great.
Starting to think that there is something wrong with the ecu.

I bet the two skis are similar enough for the ecus to be interchangeable. Maybe try swapping them? You'll have to swap keys too as they're ecu coded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back