1999 seadoo xpl 951 bogging down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea doo Vincent

I have a 1999 Seadoo Xp limited I've had the engine rebuilt and all of the gas lines changed and after that which was a few years ago ran great perfect starting fast as heck. The years have passed and I remember being on the water and something happening where it bogged down I put it up for the season and here we are I have recently rebuilt the carburetor and change the spark plugs. The problem I am having is it is bogging down. before I rebuilt the carburetor it would run ok at low RPMs and then it would stall or bog down at Hi rpm (this is in the water) now since I rebuilt the carburetor it bogs at low RPMs and high RPMs. when I have taken it on the water it starts just fine and Idles well but does not take off I have to feather it just to get it up to 4 RPMs and then keep Feathering it to get it up to about five RPMs but it is bogging down all the step of the way when I pull the throttle to take off it will go but then it will bog down it seems like it has a lot of power ready to take off but it's not getting the gas to go or too much gas. Now out of the water it starts good it sounds good it runs good and seems like it has plenty of power now it does hesitate on the pull of the throttle it will bog and then go to hire RPMs I know most people are going to say just take it to the shop but I like to try to do all that I can do before that point is there anyone that can help me

Attachments

• 20220705_101037.jpg
    20220705_101037.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like fuel starvation in the fuel selector circuit or in the carbs,,,and replace the fuel lines if they are gray.

As I have said in the beginning I have changed all the gas gray lines and the gas selector knob is ok. I have seen gas in the lines when I raise the engine compartment while on the water I can see gas, but there are some bubbles in the top line but gas is there. I don't understand it will run good out of the water under no load it does bog down out of the water a little bit in the beginning when I grab the throttle but I can rev it up to six or seven RPMs without hesitation

The gas selector knob can not have any obstructions, but the internal oring gets dry-rotted and it can suck air and make engine run lean. Order a new one from www.osdparts.com. Also replace the Oring in the fuel filter basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back