1999 seadoo GTX bogs down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdoyl002

My 99 Gtx keeps bogging down. I just had the carbs rebuilt last year, and ran great until now? I don't want to spend 700 dollars to have them rebuilt again. Anything i can do myself?

Yeah the compression is fine. A little low on one side but will run fine for one minute and then bog down, and shut off.

It did the same thing last year when the carbs were junked up and had to be rebuilt, just wasnt sure if there was something i could do myself instead of paying someone to do it for me. Maybe a fuel treatment or something like that?

what are the compression numbers? Also 2-strokes are a "fun time" when it comes to cleaning them, I hate 2-strokes because of how nasty they get.....I have ran Seafoam through boat motor 2-strokes so I would expect you could do the same for these motors, but check yourself before doing so. It is funny how crap can make its way into the carbs. If seafoam is ok for it I would just dump the seafoam in the tank and watch your neighbors come outside and yell at you because of the smoke cloud........lol.................I love Seafoam and swear by it. No matter what anyone tells you do not ever try water in a 2-stroke to clean it, it will melt anything aluminum because of the heat and water does not compress which causes the heat.

It is also a good idea when you remove the carbs to inspect the reeds

It sounds almost like the engine is being starved of fuel if it runs fine for a minute. Maybe somebody could chime in here im not sure if these units still had the grey fuel lines? if so replace them, clean your carbs again and replace the fuel filter and clean out your fuel switch. if they arent the grey lines maybe new fuel filter and check lines/switch. Sounds like a simple fuel problem

I cant remember the numbers right off hand but I have them written down at my dads shop. I will try sea-foam and go from there. Thanks so much for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back