1999 honda accord for towing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keegster17

guys i have a 1999 honda Accord for towing a Seadoo GTX 2004, with a North Trailer. The weight of the unit according to specs is 840lbs, the trailer I would assume 150lbs. The car tows the unit fine, however I am just wondering, if I carry passangers what would be the limit there. myself I weigh 170lbs, I am considering two other passengers at times, plus cooler groceries and stuff for the cottage. What weight would you say would be the cutoff? I will do a 1 1/2 drive up North there in back maybe 8 times this summer, just concerned about all the weight on the car.

Actually I'm a bit surprised, I work at a car dealership and I looked up your vehicle. The 99 Honda Accord is rated for 2,000 lbs. towing with a 200 lb. tongue weight. So yes you should be O.K.

Lou

really? my manual says 1000lbs. it is a 4 door 4 cylinder. I appreciate you looking into this for me. I am thinking 600lb total with passenger's and luggage etc, then 840lb for seadoo and trailer 150lb giving me total weight of 1600lb approx. not to say I will pull that load every time, but I want to know what is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back