1998 Seadoo Sportster w blown engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cluggy

I have a 1998 Seadoo Sportster 1800 with Twin Rotax engines. One of the engines is in need of rebuild. My question is can I run the boat with only 1 engine until i get the funds to rebuild the bad motor? I removed the bad engine so that is already out of the engine compartment. Also what if any damage could be done by operating with only one engine? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sure.....but when you order the rebuild assy for the broken motor, better order 2, you'll be replace'n the one in there, no time soon.

i just got my engine rebuilt i did it myself get the parts from here www.seadoo-parts.com they are a few bucks cheaper than anyone else and shipping is free if 99$ up. its fast but i would order for both and solve the both and save you a headache

I don't see any damage being done only running one engine. Just make sure you close up all the holes so water doesn't come in. Drive shaft, exhaust, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back