1998 Seadoo gtx possible flooded engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsoler16

Okay so I bought a 1998 seadoo gtx yesterday and I was pulling my friend kneeboarding and I ran over the rope. This wasnt the problem I was able to take the grate off and get the rope untangled but when I was out on the lake and ran over the rope I flipped the seadoo over twice. One of the times I rolled it the right way but the other time I flipped it back the wrong way. Im concerned that I flooded the engine. When I plug the lanyard on it beeps twice all the electric stuff comes on but then when I try to start it the engine wont turn over. Help please

Not a good day! Try taking the spark plugs out and see if it will turn over, if it will get all the water out that you can. Dribble a little Marvel Mystery oil down each spark plug hole, and turn over a few more times. Note: If the motor will not turn over with the starter do it by hand.

Dribble some premix, 40:1 gas/oil down each spark plug hole and see if it will start.

Let us know what happens.

Lou

What Lou said you need to get that water out fast pull plugs and push start. If u do get it running is take it back to the lake and run the piss out of it to burn any eYed that could b in there. Good luck.

So I have been taking the spark plugs on and off while trying to start the engine to get as much water as possible. Its still not turning over with both the spark plugs on although with both off it turns over normally. Ive been spraying a water displacing lubricant in it as all and making sure to ground the spark plug wire. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back