1997 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robrat20

I bought a 97xp with trailer and cover and new battery for 425$ guy said front cylinder was frozen. Pulled motor found the piston was frozen and broke the bottom part off the piston and scored the cylinder wall. Everything else on ski works fine even the trim. I think I'm going to swap motors like I did on my RFI I was wanting to know what's the resale for the xp before I get to deep into itImageUploadedByTapatalk1422288600.496850.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422288663.007415.jpg

here in FL, it would fetch somewhere between $1200 and $1900 depending on overall condition, time of year, and the particular buyer. I've seen them cheaper, and I've seen people asking over 2K, but I think they are settling for less. The 97 at least IMO is the least desirable of the wishbone due to the engine being undersized for that hull.

Great deal! Check for crank bearing damage and rotary valve damage. Fuel line update.. clogged internal fuel filters.

Got the motor totally out today I'm getting a remain from Sea-Doo engine shop the carburetors are ****ed I need new ones. Anybody know where to get decently priced new carbs or used ones

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] probably has a quality used set ready to go

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

He will probably respond here and I can say from experience he is easy to deal with and all his used parts are exactly as promised unlike some ebayers.

Got the motor totally out today I'm getting a remain from Sea-Doo engine shop the carburetors are ****ed I need new ones. Anybody know where to get decently priced new carbs or used ones

I have a pretty dam clean set, I can send you pic's and details via PM, they would still need a kit or some spare parts if you have them to be ready, but they are priced right.

edit: nevermind, looks like two people already responded, your probably already set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back