1997 Seadoo GTI Gas and oil found in hull.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gruntus

I have a strange problem that just started with my seadoo. I went for a ride this last week and when I got home I flushed the motor and washed the boat before I put it up in the garage. I left the house for 6 hrs and when I got home i could smell gas. Inside the ski I found gas and oil in the hull. I cleaned this out and the Ski sat for a few days. I checked the ski a few days later and no more gas or oil had come out. I changed out the fuel and oil lines when I got the boat and from what I could see they were still attached. Since no oil or gas was leaking I figured that what ever was wrong had fixed its self so I took the boat out again yesterday. I rode the boat for a while and then pulled up to shore, took off the seat and found the hull dry and no smell of gas. At the end of the day I came home flushed the motor and washed the boat, inside and out, and then put it up in the garage. about 4 hrs later I started to smell gas again. I went to the garage and once again there was fuel and oil in the hull.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

The older skis always have a little oil and/or fuel in the bilge. You will drive yourself crazy trying to find the leaks. a few drops of fuel will smell bad. Wile the engine is running... fuel spits from the carbs, so, it will always smell like fuel when you remove the seat. And... the oil tank fittings are of a poor design. (They are just pushed into a grommet)

If it's not excessive... I would not worry about it.

Thanks for the reply but this is not just a few drops, its a couple of puddles. There is no gas/oil leak when riding, only after the ride when the ski is stored in the garage.

Same problem

I found this same problem tonight. When I took it out a few days ago there was just the typical oily grime, but when I went to take it out today I found about 2"off milky water under the motor in the deepest part of the hull. I know I have a bit of an oil leak somewhere just hoping it's not major. Mine is a 97 xp BTW. Also when the ski is started out of water with the hood open it sounds overly loud, almost like a knocking sound sort of. This is my first ski so is this normal? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back