1996 speedster w/ couple problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem dude. Would hate for you to be telling us you drilled it out, it didnt work, now you cant return it. Press on the rewards are worth it :cheers:

So, after dealing with a flooded engine compartment (water up over the carbs). I got and replaced the correct starter. So much better.
Now on to the next new problem...
The port engine won't start now, it's not getting fuel. I ordered new fuel selector valves for both engines but I have a question on the fuel filters.
20160710_112721..1jpg.jpg
Is the part with the green arrow a fuel filter? And if so do I really need it because the part with the red arrow is a fuel filter.
I'm not getting fuel into the clear filter (red arrow). I know it might be the selector and still have to troubleshoot some more.
Is there a fuel pump or do the carbs suck the fuel in (or something like that)? Should I have flow if I pull the hose to that clear filter?

The green arrow one is technically a fuel filter and water separator combined into one. The red arrow one is aftermarket. Someone else must have installed that. I would check both and make sure neither are clogged.

Yeah, I'll check them both. Does the separator come apart (unscrew)?
I pulled the hose off the separator/filter (green arrow) that comes from the selector valve and no fuel came out of the hose. I would think some would have leaked out.

The red arrow unscrews like you said and has a replacable screen, the red arrow you replace with a fram g2 I think

Now carb problems

Update- replaced almost all fuel lines(25ft is not enough), fuel filters and both selector valves. The separator didn't have a filter in it.
Got both engines to start but are bogging down when applying throttle. I'm thinking I need to rebuild the carbs. Remember they were under water and I don't know the history. For the 717's are they BN38i?
Where do I find genuine Mikuni rebuild kits?
Everywhere I look they say "aftermarket rebuild kits", that's the crap stuff right?
Where do you guys get your kits?

I think the 720 uses the 1.2.

If you have a twin engine you need 4 carb kits (that eBay was for a pair?, so you need 2 pair) and 4 needle and seats.

Yeah, I found on seadoosource that the 720 uses 1.2.
So 2 orders of dual rebuild kits, 4 needles and seats and large fries... to go.

Go to post number 59, that is what you need. If you look at the party number in the description you can Google that if you want to search for cheaper. Just make sure what you buy is genuine mikuni. The price in that auction isn't to bad of a price shipped but I have paid less.

If you have further questions please start a thread of your own on that topic.

Go to post number 59, that is what you need. If you look at the party number in the description you can Google that if you want to search for cheaper. Just make sure what you buy is genuine mikuni. The price in that auction isn't to bad of a price shipped but I have paid less.

If you have further questions please start a thread of your own on that topic.

This is my thread.
And thanks for the help.

Should have ordered the parts when I saw them. Now they're gone.:facepalm: Got to start my search all over again. Do they have to be genuine Mikuni or just not "made in China"? Is "made in USA" just as good?
Where do you guys get your carb rebuild kits?

Should have ordered the parts when I saw them. Now they're gone.:facepalm: Got to start my search all over again. Do they have to be genuine Mikuni or just not "made in China"? Is "made in USA" just as good?
Where do you guys get your carb rebuild kits?

Anything other than OEM kits is a waste of your time. Plus needle and seats. I believe both Racerxxx and Minetonka4me stock the kits. Touch base with them.

I got mine from osdparts.com you can "build your own" carb kit with only the parts you want or get the whole shabang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back