1996 speedster w/ couple problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... got the carbs rebuilt, new needles and seats and new screws for the inside as the old ones stripped on me. One of those impact tools that you hit with a hammer really did the trick.
I actually created part of the 'port engine not getting fuel' problem. When I replaced the fuel lines there was a short hose with a 90 degree bend in it from the block to the pulse nipple on the mag carb. I replaced it with a piece of regular hose which kinked enough to block any pulsing that was going on.
I didn't save the old hose pieces so I used another piece of hose with a loop so as not to kink it and that worked fine.
Both engines start and run pretty good but the starboard engine is overheating and both are cavitating.. I'm thinking (and hoping) the intakes are clogged with weeds as the lake has lots of them.

Attachments

• 20160905_144828.jpg
    20160905_144828.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
The starboard side is how they are supposed to look, [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] said something some where about some boat carbs are different from ski carbs, possibly you have a set of each

Well, I know on the 98 and later boats the carbs have a plastic T on the one carb and the PTO cab has the return facing the front. The one set and the set on the table look like ski carbs with the return going to the rear. But that could be correct for a 96 speedster. I never worked on one of them. The fiche shows them like ski carbs. Those other carbs could be from another brand possibly??? It doesn't have the typical fuel pump block off on the PTO carb for sure. They could be off a Yamalog. Those engines have been replaced too at one point, the one with the wrong carbs has the PTO pulse line tap.

77.jpg

This boat is becoming a shipwreck that still floats.
My guess is the port engine has been replaced but I don't know what they are supposed to look like original.20160710_112721..1jpg.jpg

Those engines should be white. The silver one looks like it's a later engine. The poor on the silver engine had got hot before, the paint blistered off. But I'll sing someone fixed it cause that coupling would be home. It will make your life easier and cleaner is you already the bilge down with super clean. Working on a clean boat is the first step in the right direction.

And that's the one that is getting hot now but water lines don't seem to be clogged. Checked them all with air compressor. Only thing I can think of is the intake at the pump is clogged up with weeds.

The water line that comes off the"front" of the head, pull that off the head and use a mirror and look in the head. If that is restricted, you found your shortage of water flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back