1996 seadoo xp surges/ bogs at full throttle help!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brholwer

Had the carbs rebuilt last year ran perfect first time out full throttle and everything now runs fine until you pass the 45 MPH point then it starts to surge and bog it will go full throttle then back down then back up then back down etc. Just replaced the grey fuel lines all but a few that i cant get to, and cleaned the fuel filter above the gas tank, but no difference still runs the same. Any Idea on what is wrong? and is there a fix that i can do on my own? this is really starting to PISS me OFF im thinking that the XP stands for xtra problems!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

If you replaced the lines after the carb rebuild, you will need to pull the carbs off and clean the filters.

ok but how do i do it? when i take off the seat cover next to the engine is this big plastic thing what is that and where are the carbs, and how hard is it to clean them?

ok but how do i do it? when i take off the seat cover next to the engine is this big plastic thing what is that and where are the carbs, and how hard is it to clean them?

That big plastic thing is your air box. There is slide latches around the outside of it. Release these latches and remove the top. Inside you will see bolts holding the flame arestor retainer. Remove those and the flame arester and the bottom of the air box will come off of the carbs. From that point, you should be able to see how to proceed. Search the How-to section and there is a full thread on how to clean with pictures. It is not very hard if you take your time and are careful.

Great responses from everyone. A problem that rears its head and could be causing the symptoms you've described are two things that happened to me: 1) Fuel Valve selector could be plugged or 2) The fuel pickup screens/check valves in the tank could be stuck or clogged. With my issue, I ended up having to remove the fuel tank and replacing the valves. Cleaning them sometimes works, but its a b@#!& if you do and they still restrict the fuel. I rebuild basket case ski's and learned that replacing filters, fuel lines, cleaning fuel valves and making sure their are NO air leaks in the fuel system will resolve MANY performance issues. Beat of luck!!

I almost feel bad about making this post... but......

I like to help everyone... but your questions are WAY generic. If you don't know where the carbs are... then you need to pick up the service manual, and read a little first. I will be more than happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

JJ has you covered with the info to get you started.

I'm not trying to be harsh... but with the questions posted... I could write a 40 page "How to"... and since Bombardier already did... I'm not going to.

I'd have to agree with the Dr. I believe most people are here to help one another but If you don't have a basic knowledge of motors or their assembles it can be frustrating trying to explain procedures. I for one get the shop manuel for every toy I have because I can't remember every spec for everyone. I have well over a $1,000.00 in books for my 9 bikes,5 sleds and 2 ski's but they are worth every penny!! I don't mind helping others as my dad and others have taught me, though some of the questions I've read in the short time I've been here have ranged form shocking to amusing. There is a lot of great info on this site and think better use of the search option would eliminate most of the redundant questions. :thumbsup:

im talking about pics, i know now where they are but i just dont know how to get the plastic thing above them off, and dont know how to get to the internal filters to clean them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back