1996 Seadoo XP Gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chunt

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum so if I leave anything out please let me know. I have a 1996 Seadoo XP. It appears my VTS and Speedometer gauge do not work at all. My multi-function gauge doesn't work. It will flash all 4 LEDs and then the battery light stays on. I have attempted to fix the circuit board myself, sadly, it is very corroded and not sure if it could be saved. I have an Electrical Engineering background with experience in circuit boards so that was my point in attempting to fix this. I have verified that 12V is at the purple and black wires. I have checked fuses in the front panel box and at the rear panel box. It appears all wires are in good health and have good continuity. I am not sure if I am missing anything or if there is something I should be looking for. Are all 3 gauges bad? What are your thoughts or advice?

The gauges go bad, it's 25 years old and corroded.
Buy good clean used ones if you can find them.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum so if I leave anything out please let me know. I have a 1996 Seadoo XP. It appears my VTS and Speedometer gauge do not work at all. My multi-function gauge doesn't work. It will flash all 4 LEDs and then the battery light stays on. I have attempted to fix the circuit board myself, sadly, it is very corroded and not sure if it could be saved. I have an Electrical Engineering background with experience in circuit boards so that was my point in attempting to fix this. I have verified that 12V is at the purple and black wires. I have checked fuses in the front panel box and at the rear panel box. It appears all wires are in good health and have good continuity. I am not sure if I am missing anything or if there is something I should be looking for. Are all 3 gauges bad? What are your thoughts or advice?
I was able to fix this by replacing the Polarizing film and resoldering some of the solder points. Works perfect now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back