1996 gtx more power needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chewyjr15

already have an impellor sponsons and intake grate on order, what else should i be looking at for safe reliable power?

Joey

Filter and jet kit from Bill Oneil at watercraft magic. 626-914-9509. Then maybe a head mod from group k. Thats about it on that ski. I have a 97, without getting into the motor, your really limited. Plus, its huge anyways. Unfortunately its hard to do with that ski. My friend has a 96, rossier head, bills filter and jet kit, and a skat. Pulls 51.0 gps. Mine with nujet prop is pulling 53.9. Everything else is stock on mine.

Filter and jet kit from Bill Oneil at watercraft magic. 626-914-9509. Then maybe a head mod from group k. Thats about it on that ski. I have a 97, without getting into the motor, your really limited. Plus, its huge anyways. Unfortunately its hard to do with that ski. My friend has a 96, rossier head, bills filter and jet kit, and a skat. Pulls 51.0 gps. Mine with nujet prop is pulling 53.9. Everything else is stock on mine.

Call Bill Oneil. Like stated above. He will explain more to you about it. A pipe is expensive and can be deadly to the motor if not tuned right. Your first, and most simplest steps are stated above. Filter/jet kit as one, and then a head mod next. Thats about all thats work doing to a gtx. A pipe is not really safe reliable power, it can be, but requires more attention than just start and go like with a filter or head.

my 2 pennies...

lots of dough, for few more mph's...but if needed, hit up Bill, in Glendora..watercraft magic.

Only problem is, if you go somewhere besides ur normal stomping grounds, you may need to adjust the lsa/hsa for optimum performance..?

Good point....

Yeah, good point timmy....

I just spent $200 bucks and actually lost speed....so goes Solas Concord. I'll be going back to my Seadoo impeller.

I've wasted a good bit of dough, trying to break that 60 PK on my 97 GTX....I only wish I could have GPS'd it. I have a funny feeling, I never really got it. You know how those dream-o-meters can lie........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back