1996 gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

omboli

i am a new member so let me say hello to everyone first ,,,now if any one has any ideas or suggestions on what to check ,i would be thankful,2 problems i am having is sputter and water getting in the boat some how ,the sputter is wierd when you start it it idals fine when you go to give it gas it just sputters ,,if i shut it off and restart it and get on the gas it will sputter ,if i repeat the shutting off and restarting eventually it will blast off and run fine ,like nothing was ever a problem ,but it does happen quite a bit ,,the ski set for a few years ,i rebuilt the carbs ,and replace all fuel lines and clamps ,,it ran fine before they set for a long time ,my 2nd problem is water getting in the boat ,i have filled the boat with water ,there is no water leaking out ,i started it when it was full of water i dont see any new water movement ,i checked the exuast pipe plug underneath i dont feel any moisture ,,but when i put it in the lake it is past the starter in a hour of riding ,,,hopefully i aint the only one who has had this problem ,i did notice VTS bar has quit working and does not show up on the led screen ,thats the only other thing that has just suddenly stopped thanks again and hello to all

Did you replace the fuel selector valve?

Regarding the leak, since you stated the VTS quit working, my first guess would be to check the rubber boot where the trim rod from the jet nozzle enters the hull. It is probably torn, ripped, etc.

I filled the boat with water wouldn't it leak out .just curious I know nothing about the vts but I will check the rubber boot

I did not change the fuel selector valve . could there be debris in their that is coming loose and clogging the carb .that's what it seems like is happening

They start leaking air under the vacuum of the system. You really can't just clean these. You can check it with a pressure test. If it leaks, Replace with OEM selector.

Oh yeah, you want to pressure test for air leak. Just checking if it leaks fuel will not show air leak under vacuum.

I ordered a new one for both skis I have a 96 GTI also that set for the same amount of time .no issues with that one though

Pull the choke out a little bit and see if it improves or dies. Improves it's lean, dies it is rich. Open gas cap. Check the pop off when you did carbs? A pop off tester can be used to test fuels system. It is easier to suck air then gas. Have gray fuels lines? need changes out. Check gasket / strainer on fuel filter/ water separator under front hatch. It can be a fuel supply problem. Water leak? Back down ramp and leave ski tied to trailer. Seats off. Get high power flash light and look for leaks. Start it up and do the same. Make sure intake grate is in the water. Don't see anything? Pull it out and run hands all over stuff looking for water. There should be no water in ski. I get about a cup out of mine. Mostly because of my daughters gonzo riding style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back