1996 GSX needs more power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

soup

What are some of the things I can do to get more HP out of my PWC. It claims to have 110 HP and my wife has a 97 GTI with 85 HP that is faster than my GSX. If I were to update the impeller what pitch would I need to get a better top end speed?

RE

Your 96 GTX should run about 50 mph top speed with just you on it. Thats fast for a 3 seater. Dont waste your money on upgrades, an impeller is only going to make a 2-3 mph difference and will cost you $250.00

If your not hitting 50 mph, or have slow acceleration check your wear ring and cylinder compression

I would look at basics...is the compression at the preferred 150 psi? Are the carbs tuned properly? Have you checked for any air leaks in the intake system...is the wear ring and stock impeller perfect and with in the wear limits? These little things go unnoticed till you need more speed.
Karl

i drag raced a float plane the other day and i kept up with it until it got into the air with my 96 gsx

sounds wore out or something, how many hours are on the gsx? you should have smoked that other ski. there arent too many out there that can keep up with my gsx. well except the 4 strokes or maybe a limited.

I just got a GSX 96 yesterday i reached 53 mph but now i am not reaching max RPM nor MPH what should i check and what might my problem be?

make sure nuth'n in pump assy..just purchased it?, go thru fuel system..filter/selector valve..carb/s...compression check...

i replaced the grey tempo fuel lines with black marine grade fuel lines and it worked great all day. used the ski for 4 hours. also changed the fuel selector valve. i noticed the acceleration was different today and wouldnt pick up until it hit about 4500 rpm then when i throttled close to 6000 rpm it dropped to 5000 and then it cut out as well during my trip home. is there any good post related to a compression check?

I have a 96 GSX and it runs about 55 mph, 58 with a good tail wind. What bolt on parts will give the best speed increase for the buck? I have just purchased a K&N air filter but haven't put it on yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back