1995 Yamaha waverunner II misses under load

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalef62

I am working on a friends 1995 Yamaha waverunner and it develops a miss under load. I was wondering if the plug wires are the same as Seadoo's that you can cut off a little from the end and thread them back on. I don't want to destroy them by cutting the ends off and find out they are made different.
Thanks,
Dale

I am working on a friends 1995 Yamaha waverunner and it develops a miss under load. I was wondering if the plug wires are the same as Seadoo's that you can cut off a little from the end and thread them back on. I don't want to destroy them by cutting the ends off and find out they are made different.
Thanks,
Dale

I have found the spark plug caps to be defective on quite a few of these, that is where I would start, remove the stock caps and put on a set of NGK spark plug caps, see if you problem goes away.The photo below shows the kind of caps you need to get.

Attachments

• TB05EM.jpg
    TB05EM.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
I can't answer your specific question, but I do think it is a good path to be on. You need to get some known "good" to start to isolate this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back