Help!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilboz

Hey guys i have a 2000 Seadoo GTX Millenium Edition 951, i just bought the jet ski a few days ago and it rode well, little bit of water was coming into the hull under the motor, couple of friends said it was possible carbon seal, i rode it today and i was pulling a tube and the rope got sucked into the driveshaft, after 20 min of cutting it off with a knife i finally pulled it out. Few hours after the jet ski just didnt run the same, All my guages died and the speedometer was way off. Shortly after that the whole jetski was filled with water and had no power. Then it cut off on me and would not start again. I came home and pulled the plugs and tried starting it to see if the motor was flooded. One cylinder was fine and then 2nd one spit out oil and water mix. The ski just cranks. If i give it a little bit of gas while starting it will turn on for a split second and then just die.

What are my options here? is the motor blown?

I did pour some oil down the cylinders to prevent them from rusting.

Sorry that happened! I have heard others say to remove the plugs, turn off the gas, and crank the starter 15 seconds at a time, waiting in between to let the starter cool. Do this until you get no more water coming out of the cylinder.

Then try to get it running, and if you can, run it for a while to boil off the water in the engine. I think it needs to be fairly soon or it will rust.

You don’t want to run it on the trailer that long, so you will want to fix the leak as soon as possible as well. May be the carbon seal.

Once you get the leak fixed and the water out, run it as much as possible to boil off the water.

Good luck!

Sorry that happened! I have heard others say to remove the plugs, turn off the gas, and crank the starter 15 seconds at a time, waiting in between to let the starter cool. Do this until you get no more water coming out of the cylinder.

Then try to get it running, and if you can, run it for a while to boil off the water in the engine. I think it needs to be fairly soon or it will rust.

You don’t want to run it on the trailer that long, so you will want to fix the leak as soon as possible as well. May be the carbon seal.

Once you get the leak fixed and the water out, run it as much as possible to boil off the water.

Good luck!

appreiciate the help! I will be doing all of that today, I need to hook it up on a water hose and confirm it’s the carbon seal that’s leaking.

Trying to diagnose where it’s leaking from

Attachments

• D77DCF41-CE97-45B8-AF13-F5670E1B69EF.jpeg
    D77DCF41-CE97-45B8-AF13-F5670E1B69EF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • FB398FD0-6146-42AE-8D41-09C1E38A2C5C.jpeg
    FB398FD0-6146-42AE-8D41-09C1E38A2C5C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
You may be able to tell better if you pull the plastic driveshaft cover, and the seat support pieces, then put it in the water strapped to the trailer. Get all the water out first. The put it in the water with the seat off, the support removed(just takes 4bolts), and the plastic driveshaft guard remove (takes two nylon wing nuts on mine, a 99). With all that gone, put it in and look for where the water is coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back